The Kiwanis family is bigger than just your club. We have clubs for every age and ability. Take a moment this month to appreciate what other clubs in your area are doing. Reach out and share your love of the Kiwanis family with a fundraiser, service project or shared activity. You might:
- Invite members of Kiwanis’ sponsored leadership programs (K-Kids, Builders Club, Key Club, Circle K International and Aktion Club) to attend or lead a Kiwanis club meeting.
- Have job-shadowing days with members of a sponsored leadership program (SLP) club.
- Plan a parent-appreciation celebration for those members’ parents.
- Write notes of encouragement to those members.
- Thank advisors and officers of an SLP club for their dedication.
You could also plan a community service project or fundraiser that members from many clubs can participate in. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Clean-up a street or park.
- Hold a pancake breakfast or dinner for a cause.
- Volunteer for or collect, pack and deliver canned food to a food bank.
- Volunteer at the local animal shelter.
- Create thank-you cards/gifts for law enforcement officers or firemen.
- Create care packages or write letters to those serving in the military.
- Hold a coat drive.
- Make no-sew blankets to donate to a local shelter.
- Make (knit) caps for kids in the hospital who have gone through chemo.